VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA’s Talent Team is made up of problem solvers with deep experience in Talent Acquisition and Resource Management, who have joined forces to help the agency operate efficiently and with purpose. We care about the people on our teams and love to be part of helping them create great work. We focus on the people, processes, tools and systems that help make VSA an ideal place to work and perform.
The Talent Coordinator will help manage daily resource needs, source freelance and full-time talent, coordinate internship program, schedule talent onboarding, shepherd on-site candidates through interview process and help maintain accurate data in our talent tools.
• Participate in weekly resource meetings to help assign resources to projects based on staffing needs outlined in the scope of work / OpenAir
• Assist with monitoring resource availability and help with matching supply to demand
• You will source full-time and contract candidates for a variety of practice areas including: design, strategy, project management, client engagement, writing, content and strategy
• You’ll be our Day One person, scheduling and facilitating onboarding of new full-time and contract hires
• You will act as our internship liaison, coordinating university postings; screening candidates; managing the program calendar; and helping organize program events and day-one onboarding
• You will support the team in maintaining the integrity of data in iCIMS our Applicant Tracking System and OpenAir our Resource Management tool
• Monitor timesheet compliance and provide reports to improve compliance
• Lots of emails; you will respond to both internal and external inquiries about employment opportunities and the recruiting process
• You will coordinate and manage candidates’ in-person interviews, helping ensure a positive experience overall
• People-person stuff: you’ll build strong and ongoing relationships with candidates in order to fill the pipeline for future openings.
• Participate in special projects or task forces as opportunities arise
• Additional, non-vague responsibilities as assigned
• 0 - 2 years of recruiting, resource management or project management experience in an Advertising, Design or Marketing firm
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• All the Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Discretion—you respect the need for and you will maintain a high level of confidentiality
• The ability to produce in a fast-paced environment, work with a sense of urgency, and work under pressure
• Ninja-like ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• A strong drive for results in an ambiguous environment
• Knowledge and understanding of creative skill sets and needs
• A strong sense of integrity
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Top-notch professionalism, where you can interact at all levels of the company and with external parties, maintaining effective written and spoken communication
• The ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently