VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA’s Project Management practice is the hub for every project VSA does, managing client expectations and guiding VSA teams from start to finish, ensuring the work we do maintains our high standards and keeps our business strong.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating multiple projects at a time within a given brand or client, potentially across multiple brands, clients, or a singular, complex project and ensuring projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations on-time and on-budget.
Manage and control project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are executed according to agreed upon scope, schedule and within budget allocations.
Raise awareness of all project issues and risks, working with appropriate team members to develop solutions.
Communicate relevant project information to the client, such as status, risk, issues, or deliverables.
Collaborate with the project team to drive the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints. Ensure accurate financial management of the projects.
Coordinate activities of the project team and ensure project tasks, including scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc,), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client, and management.
Develop, maintain, review and/or disseminate project documentation, including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and project sunset reviews. Ensure project documentation is produced in the standard format and follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved.
Work with Resource Management to ensure projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources.
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
• 1-3 years of experience, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, required.
• Experience using project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed task-based work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and lead team meetings. In order to succeed, he/she must have the skills, abilities, and knowledge:
• Strong knowledge of one or more of the following: web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and technology components, advertising, digital marketing, print, and strategy.
• Strong computer skills are required in MS Office (particularly Excel), internet, email, and phone systems.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong team player; ability to assist with facilitating teams and clients.
• Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
• Ability to be highly organized, accurate, timely and able to prioritize.
• Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects simultaneously and re-prioritizations.
• Ability to organize information, have attention to detail, accurately follow procedures, maintain confidential information and remember important pieces of information.
• Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.