VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA’s Talent Team is made up of problem solvers with deep experience in Talent Acquisition and Resource Management, who have joined forces to help the agency operate efficiently and with purpose. We care about the people on our teams and love to be part of helping them create great work and advance their careers. We focus on the people, processes, tools and systems that help make VSA an ideal place to work and perform. The Talent Team shapes the Employment Brand, the New Hire Onboarding Experience, the Internship Program, collaborates with HR on our Diversity & Inclusion Program, leads the Referral Program and partners across the agency on initiatives that help drive our unique culture.
As a Senior Talent Manager you will be embedded within an account group and will partner with Account Group Leads, Practice Leads, Project Managers, and the rest of the Talent Team to help build teams and align resources to projects. We’re looking for someone with subject matter expertise in Talent Acquisition, who is seeking a full talent lifecycle opportunity. While your main focus will be on the front lines of enticing, engaging and welcoming new talent, you will also act as a strategic adviser to your team to make sure we hire current and potential leaders who are passionate about their craft. You will be an ambassador of the VSA employer brand to the talent marketplace.
• Initiate requisition and conduct kick-off meetings with hiring managers, assist with job descriptions, recommend interview team members and cadence of search, provide weekly status updates.
• Gain a deep understanding of VSA’s offerings and capabilities to proactively build talent pipelines for upcoming work based on identified capability and resource gaps
• You’ll be responsible for planning, coordinating and driving hiring activities such as developing sourcing strategies using direct sourcing, referrals, and other creative search methods for identifying, attracting and developing candidate interest
• Ensure a high level of data integrity utilizing our ATS, Linkedin Recruiter and other systems
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships throughout industry, participating in networking events, hosting meetups, attending and participating in portfolio shows and reviews, building strong relationships with target schools / programs
• Help to manage external recruitment vendor relationships
• Conduct in-depth screens and assess potential candidates for level of interest, qualifications, and compensation
• Co-Manage multi-disciplinary summer internship program, focusing on high full-time conversion metrics and long lasting University relationships.
• Collaborate with Talent Team to enhance day 1 new hire onboarding experience; once complete rollout and administer
• Executive presence with the confidence and experience to work and partner with senior leaders as well as lead and inspire team members and colleagues
• Provide appropriate coaching and guidance on the interviewing and selection process to all hiring managers, make informed salary recommendations in collaboration with HR and hiring managers
• Experience recruiting for a variety of practice areas including: design, strategy, project management, client engagement, content, experience architecture and development.
• You have 5 -7 years of recruiting experience in the design, creative or digital space preferably in an agency setting.
• Bachelor's degree in art, business, communications, or related field of study
• You love the hunt and never get tired of looking for the best of the best.
• You’re able to play well with others, from hiring managers to candidates to your talent team mates.
• You’re able to build strong, ongoing relationships with candidates.
• You are detail and deadline-oriented, organized, strategic, systematic, hyyydromatic, ultramatic greased lightning.
• You’ve been called a “self-starter” or “driven” or “the best at what you do”.
• You consider yourself a problem solver, fair critic, interesting human and intriguing story teller.
• You have a semi–psychic ability to see problems coming and devise solutions.
• You can take on multiple projects, prioritize, and keep your cool.
• You adapt quickly to changing priorities, strong drive for results in an ambiguous environment
• You are passionate about the industry and keeping up with trends and news
• Comfort handling sensitive information, with an appreciation for and dedication to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality